Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ohio Day Trip- Hartville Marketplace

Ohio Day Trip- Hartville Marketplace
Hartville, Ohio
May 8, 2010


Although I had visited the Hartville Flea Market many times as a child, I hadn’t been to the market since they built the indoor Hartville Marketplace. I had driven past it many times on my way to another Hartville destination, Quail Hollow State Park, for hiking or cross-country skiing and had always thought about visiting. When I started my quest to visit a variety of Ohio destinations, the Hartville Marketplace was near the top of my list. My friend Diana and I decided to visit the market on a cold and rainy day in early May.

The market holds a variety of items ranging from clothing, religious objects, jewelry and glassware to cheese, meat and specialty food products. It is definitely the type of place where you can find a unique gift for the hard-to-buy-for family member. After browsing the indoor market, we headed outside. Because of the adverse weather conditions, there weren’t many people in the outdoor market but a handful of hearty fellows sold their produce, plants and baked goods. At the end of our excursion, Di had found a few decorative crosses for her home and I had bought a couple paperbacks and a jar of hot chili pepper jelly.

I hope to visit the market again sometime during the summer when the outdoor flea market is flourishing and the variety of products is even better. Still, the Hartville Marketplace is a great place to browse a wide variety of products in a nice, indoor setting.


No comments: