Monday, May 27, 2013

Tribal Connection Arts & Music Festival

Tribal Connection Arts & Music Festival
Zane Shawnee Caverns- Bellefontaine, Ohio
May 17-19, 2013

Last year’s Tribal Connection Arts & Music Festival was the kickoff to an amazing summer and I was excited to spend the entire weekend at this year’s event with my phamily and friends.  Just about every single person that I know that enjoys local music festivals was there to enjoy a fantastic lineup of bands of varying genres and installations from local artists.

By Friday evening a large group congregated in Camp Spot #63, the very last spot in the entire Southwind Campground at Zane Shawnee Caverns in Bellefontaine, Ohio.  I was in festie mode for the entire weekend, which basically consists of me forgetting about my phone, having no concept of time, dancing around a lot and drinking.  So that’s my excuse for having no idea about the band that I most enjoyed on Friday night- all I can say is that they did a rocking Rage Against the Machine cover that whipped the crowd into a frenzy.
The entire group decided to descend into the caverns for a little Saturday mid-afternoon adventure ($11 per person).  I am typically a little iffy about tunnels, caves and other confined spaces but I really enjoyed exploring the caverns as the guide gave us tidbits of information about rock formations, bottomless pits and missing divers. 

 
Saturday night was one great band after another including Tropidelic, Jones for Revival and Jimkata.  I was thrilled to run into John, the guitar player from my favorite band the Stagecoach Robbery and find out he was playing a set with Broccoli Samurai, which rocked.  Sassafraz, a band from Athens, Ohio, blew me away.  I was transfixed by the fire dancers.  I chilled for a spell in the Dream Machine.  It was a crazy fun night of dancing and wandering around. 
Tribal weekend was indeed one of connections.  I spent time with my core phamily group, some good people, met people I’d only known through Facebook and made some new friends along the way.  Enchanted moments were shared.  A chill vibe of peace reverberated through the event and attendees.  Tribal again was an excellent kickoff to what is bound to be a fantastic summer!

No comments: