Saturday, March 29, 2008

Great American Cities- Indianapolis

Tool Concert- September 7- September 9, 2001

A friend in Indianapolis called and said she had an extra ticket to the Tool concert that weekend. I’d been to Indianapolis a few times before and always enjoyed myself. I packed up my car and drove 5 hours on Friday night after work, taking Interstate 71 to Interstate 70 into Indianapolis.

The next morning my friend and I drove around taking in the city- past the Indianapolis 500 Raceway, into downtown and then went to the Indianapolis Museum of Art. I love visiting a museum in every city I visit and I enjoyed this one! We went back to the apartment to get ready for the show.

I’ll just say I drank a lot at the show. My friend and I were able to convince guys to pay for each of the several Long Island Ice Teas we drank that night and we had a great time laughing and stumbling around. We found a fun bunch and partied the night away with our new friends. The concert was a blast with amazing optical and lighting effects that matched the transfixing music. We caught a ride with a non-drinking friend and made it home fine! I drove home the next afternoon. The weekend trip was a much needed fast break from life!

No comments: