Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'll start at the beginning

I’ll start at the beginning...

I grew up in rural Ohio with my parent and three siblings, a younger brother and two younger sisters. We took a family road trip each summer to nearby destinations like Cleveland, Columbus and Pittsburgh, PA. We’d visit amusement parks, zoos, science museums and historical attractions. Those family road trips have shaped the way I travel now. Most of my travels have been road trips to great American cities and occasionally across the border. Most have been taken with my siblings and decades later, we're still having a great time! We pack a bag and a cooler and off we go!

I’m a crazy travel planner. I get just as much enjoyment out of planning the trip as I do taking it. However, some spontaneous trips have been just as fun! I have a AAA membership and take advantage of the guidebooks they offer. I keep a stack of roadmaps in my glove compartment.

I’m a budget traveler. We usually stay at mid-priced hotels in the suburbs instead of the trendy place downtown. We eat out for lunch and picnic for dinner. We look for free fun. I also collect postcards and magnets, which are inexpensive and take up very little space.

I want to share my road trip experiences to great American cities and the activities I enjoyed while there. Some of my best memories are of great vacations and quick excursions. This is a chronicle of my travels.















A pic of the family farm, where all of my early travels began.

No comments: